Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Work It Out

Changing your diet only gets you so far. Sure, you can eat a perfect diet and lose some weight, but in order to see SERIOUS results you had best lace up those tennis shoes and work the eff out. Walk, jog, run, stairs, elliptical... Pick your cardio of choice and pair that shit with weights. Cardio boosts your metabolism, weights add muscle, and muscle burns fat. It's quite simple, really. Working out not only fires up your weight loss, it also strengthens your heart, and is a fantastic stress reliever. Bad day at work? Hit the gym!

I aim for 15-20 minute of solid cardio, then 40-50 minutes of various weights. I tend to favor the treadmill at a wicked incline for my cardio sesh... 3.3 at a 6.5 incline does the trick. I alternate days for arms and shoulders/back with legs and abs, and I do 10-15 minutes of stretching to end my workouts. Right now, I'm doing the BeachBody Power90 series so I'm just going to the gym for the sauna and pool... But I'll be back to my regular work outs once the 90 days is up.

Working out may not be fun, but it's necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment